Hi. I’m Joni Farthing
I’m on a mission to help all women over 50 to love the way they look.
I started this site when I was researching dresses for my daughter’s wedding.
Living in rural France I don’t manage to get to shops and try things on very often so I mainly shop on the internet.
But it’s difficult to choose a dress when every picture shows someone slimmer, taller and much younger than you are.
That’s when I decided to try dresses on and show the results. You see I’m over 70, only 5’2’’ tall and about 25% overweight. Quite different from the models but pretty average for women my age.
I gained a lot of confidence doing this though I admit I found it excruciating at first.
I lived in New York a while back and studied Personal Image Consultancy at the world-famous Fashion Institute of Technology there. So I’ve decided to put what I learned into practice. I cover all aspects of style now but always focussing on older women.
Let’s not be invisible.
Let’s enjoy our senior status and look the part – with style.
Some milestones on my journey through life
- I studied Literature, then Linguistics and Psychology at three universities
- I’ve studied Personal Image Consultancy and Women’s Style at FIT, part of the State University of New York
- I enjoyed thirty happy years of marriage but now love the solo life
- I have one daughter who runs her own successful business
- I’ve lived in London Paris Rome and New York
- I’ve lost money and lived in a bed sit, I’ve made money and bought a chateau
- I’ve met the Queen
- I’ve written several non-fiction books that sold well
- I’ve written three novels which never got published
- I’ve started and run several businesses; the sale of one of them allowed me to retire to France
- I’ve mentored female entrepreneurs from engineers to beauticians
- I organised the UK’s first festival of female entrepreneurs that brought 1000 women to Bristol to talk business in 2013
- I helped set up and chaired the 4th International Women’s Conference while I was a student that brought over 1000 women from across Europe to Kiel UK to talk about feminism in the early 1970s
- I’ve imagined many scenarios for my life but I’ve never imagined being excited about visiting a garden centre in a mask – until 2020.
I’ve won lots of awards during my life. Here are a few from working with women. I’ve mentored hundreds of women from engineers to beauticians.